A visit to The Hive
Career Ready, in partnership with The Hive and Chase High School, are organising an event to help students prepare for the world of work. Students in years 9 and 10 will be visiting The Hive to participate in a range of activities to help them develop their understanding of the local economy and the skills needed to succeed! Students will be:
- Learning about the Southend Economy and creating posters about the biggest sectors in Southend
- Speed networking with local entrepreneurs and business volunteers
- Learning about support available to young entrepreneurs
- Developing their ability to work in a team
- Learning about how to manage their finances effectively
How can I get involved?
You can get involved by participating in the speed networking, namely you will:
- Introduce yourself to the students. All 7 volunteers will do this and then students will brain storm some questions for you
- Network with students – students will sit on tables of 5. You will spend 5 minutes with each table before moving on to the next table.
- Students will make notes and at the end will be asked to share information they have learned on one of the sectors
This is a really simple and effective way to help the next generation.
The events are taking place on 27th April and 11th May. Speed networking will take place 11.30-12.40 at The Hive, The Old Central Library, Victoria Ave, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6EX
To register to volunteer, email Sarah Morton, firstname.lastname@example.org